Is ISO certification & ISO accreditation similar or not? ISO accreditation of a certification company is a process by which a certification body can be recognized as an independent, impartial, and reliable organization. This ensures that the ISO standard has been met.
A certification body must apply for recognition from the Accreditation Service for Certification Bodies (ASCB). ASCB is responsible for all aspects of ISO accreditation of certification bodies, including setting standards and monitoring compliance with them. It also guides applicants on how to prepare their applications to achieve recognition.
The certification organization is a company or an individual who has been awarded the ISO 9001:2008 quality management system certification. The ISO 9000 family of standards defines and describes quality management systems for organizations, products, and services.
Certification organizations are responsible for maintaining their quality management system by the requirements of the relevant standard.
For Example, The ISO Certification of the institution is a recognition that it has been found to meet certain standards set by the government. The benefit of having an ISO Certified institute is that students are assured of quality education and they can also be assured about their future career prospects. ISO Certification helps in improving the reputation and image of the institution as well as its capacity to offer quality education. It provides a platform for institutions to develop further along with providing them with better facilities, resources, equipment, and other things required for imparting quality education.
ISO certification is a process of testing and evaluating products according to the international standard ISO 9000 by ISO-accredited certification body.
The standard ISO certification defines the following;
- How companies can ensure that their products meet certain quality standards.
- The product must be able to withstand any kind of stress, including extreme temperatures, pressure, and vibration.
- It also has to be able to withstand being dropped from a height or exposed to chemicals for exteriors time.
- The main objective behind ISO certification is to ensure that all products are manufactured by strict standards.
Companies that do not aware strictly about to these standards will have their certificates revoked by the organization which issues them, which could lead them into financial trouble or even bankruptcy
The main advantage of standardization is the following;
- It helps to save time and money.
- In addition, the company will be able to increase its market share.
- Moreover, it will make a good impression on potential customers and investors.
- Standardization makes it easy to compare the performance of different companies.
- It also helps in reducing costs and improving productivity.
- Standardized products can be easily compared with each other, which is a great advantage for customers.
Various kinds of standardization
Types of standardizations are following;
- Systematic Standardization
- Non-systematic Standardization
Systematic Standardization: the process of selecting and establishing a set of standards for a product or service. It is an organized, systematic approach to developing and maintaining uniformity in products or services. The purpose is to ensure that all users have access to identical specifications, materials, dimensions, performance characteristics, etc., to reduce the cost and time required for the production and distribution of products/services.
Non-systematic Standardization: this type involves selection by individuals or groups based on their own experience with particular products/services rather than based on established criteria.
How will certification make employees more productive?
ISO will help you to ensure that your employees are trained and competent in their roles. This is particularly important if they have responsibility for the quality of products or services which they produce. Establish a system of quality management, so that all staff knows what is expected from them and how to achieve it. Set out the procedures for ensuring that the organization complies with its standards and regulations, including health and safety legislation.
What are the benefits of achieving Certification?
some of the benefits of certification are noted below;
- More productive employees
- Improve the business management
- Improve marketing efficiency
- Reduce service-related problems
- Reduce business stress
- More Profitable
- Improve customer satisfaction
The accreditation of a company is the best way to prove that it has been approved by an independent body. The purpose of this process is to ensure that a company meets certain standards and practices, which are in line with the requirements set out by its industry or sector. This means that every company must be accredited for their work, even if they do not have any training courses or qualifications as part of their business model. Accreditation can also be used as proof for insurance purposes and other legal requirements.